Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Baby "cookies"

have got to be the messiest thing ever. I thought feeding her solids was bad, but OH MY GOD. I think I have as much cookie on me as she did. She ate her first one yeasterday by doctors order, yes her Dr. said to give her some b/c she is very advanced and he believes she can begin to learn to feed herself at 6 months.

So I did what any mother would and followed his orders. I purchased some Gerber graduates bitter biscuits and some Arrowroot cookies.

Yesterday I gave her one of the biter biscuits and she made a mess! She sat in her bumbo, at first not knowing what the heck to do, I put it in my mouth and then handed it back. So she sucked on it for a while before she realized it was melting in her mouth and was GOOD. She then proceeded to wipe it all over her face and arms and even "painted" her toes with it.

Today I gave her an Arrowroot cookie before bath time and that wasn't as messy, probably because when she was done she gave me a hug and wiped her face on my shirt.

The biter biscuits are harder to hold but stay in one piece, but the Arrowroots are easy to hold but fall apart into chunks she could choke on....

No comments: