Sunday, August 12, 2007

Intro

My name is Sara, I'm 22 years old, live in Wisconsin and I want to blog about my "adventures" as a mother. I am a full time student at a university. I am majoring in molecular biology, minoring in chemistry and my conc. is pre-medicine. If you think that's a mouthful you should see my homework lol. I just took this summer off to spend time with my daughter and go back to school in a few weeks on September 5th.

Other than school I am kind of a typical mom I guess. I wake up with my baby, play with her, teach her, feed her, bathe her and attempt to keep my house clean enough to not go crazy. I am also still working on losing weight (which is a very big sensitive issue for me) so I try to find time in my busy day to workout and eat right.

My little girl is Echo Lynn, she is just over 5 months at the time of this post and I am so proud of her. She is a VERY bright baby and very strong. She is pretty much at a 7 month old level and by that I mean I have to read about 7 month olds to understand where she's at and what she will do next. She's been rolling over since she was maybe 6 weeks old and she just started sitting up completely by herself with no support about 2 weeks ago. She just starting up and crawling a few days ago, but even the first time she did it she looked like an old pro lol.

She is currently on 1st foods and we are about 1/2 way through all of them, she should start 2nds at about 6 months. She is a good eater and loves everything, hopefully that sticks. She is also a very messy eater, the very first time we gave her solids at 4 moths she was trying to grab the spoon and feed herself. So now I scoop up the food, hand her the spoon, she puts it in her mouth and hands it back to me (usually), so a great deal of food ends up on her tray or her chin.

I suppose that is a detailed enough introduction. This blog will essentially be my day to day life raising a daughter, going through things that a lot of people go through and giving my thoughts and opinions about it all, and letting you know what works and what doesn't for me. I will also include my own little trials and tribulations as they relate to Echo. So I hope my readers enjoy and can maybe take something from this blog and make their lives a little easier.

No comments: