Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Echo's 6 month check-up

First off the stats. She weighed 17.4 lbs (oh my!) and was 26 inches tall. She is back up to almost the 75th percentile, which is fine since that’s where she was born at and would have stayed at had we not had the wieght gain issues we did early on. Dr. says he’s not worried about it.

Dr and nurse were both VERY impressed with Echo’s advanced development. The nurse asked if she could roll both ways and if she reached for objects. I explained that Echo’s been crawling for almost a month and is now climbing furniture to get to things, and walks along furniture after pulling herself to a standing position. I also told her that I had to read in my parenting books in the 7th and 8th months to keep up with her. I was glowing with pride lol.
Dr. said we can giver her baby cookies to help her learn to feed herself with her hand, although she can feed herself with a spoon (no she can’t scoop, but if you hand her a spoon she gets it right in her mouth with no mess 90% of the time.

We talked about nutrition because Gerber pormotes the 5 a day for fuits and veggies, but I can’t get her to eat that much and Dr said don’t worry as long as she’s on formula she’ll get what she needs. Off the subject a little, but according to Gerber, who goes by stages for feeding not age, she should be eating finger foods and table foods because she’s a crawler. LMAO can you imagine a 6 month old eating a sandwhich.

Also a bit off the subject I was so graciously “hit on” by my Dr’s physician’s assistant on the way out. He was hot too lol. Makes a girl feel good after just having a baby. Then again he also knows I’m going to the same school he did for eitheer PA or anasteasiology, so it’s not like a random incounter, we had talked for some time the other day.

We don’t go to see the Dr again until the end of November when she is 9 months old. Oh my, what will I do without a check-up for 3 whole months?! Ah well, I’m always paraniod so i’ll probably be ther next month lol.

xposted to Sara Roxx and Manik

No comments: